1.7
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

My zero turn Z435 was just out of warranty when my right side transmission failed. I replaced it with a new one and now not more a month later the left transmission has gone out.

There seems to be a problem with John Deere and there equipment and there should be a recall on this problem. At almost $800 a pop for a new transmission it is getting rather expensive to keep fixing this lawnmower. The John Deere dealer that I deal with said that they are not repair able and that I had to replace the entire unit. The only way that you can change the oil is to siphon it out as the unit does not have a drain plug.

This make it very difficult for the average individual. Another way to get you to bring the mover back to the shop so that they can repair it and charge big bucks.

Review about: John Deere Z435 Lawn Mower.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Dealership, Dealership tries hard.

I didn't like: Quality, Reliability of the tractor, Cant even get a cost on a replacement deck off their web site.

Comments

I have seen the same issue. My zero turn lawn mower had both transmissions go out with only 72 hours and the first one went out with half that.

I do have 400 hour warranty but all those without . It runs 1400 per transmission to replace and 2 have failed within 72 hours of mower use.

Both of my drives went out Oct. 2017 and the seconded was May 2018.

Dealer said I was the only one that had problem! I lucked out they warranty both of them.