1.3
Turnaround Time

Case number 16044774 I retired in the beginning 2017 and my wife and sons bought me a John Deere D130 I purchased the JD D130 online brand new from Lowes and delivered. First, it almost fell of the truck the way the guys were trying get it off the truck.

On the ground we are good, right? I signed and pushed in my yard until I could read the book. After going out to try my new tractor I noticed one of the bags has a rip in it, so I called Lowes and they said bring it back with receipt and they will exchange it. OK I paid for delivery but I want everything nice so off to Lowes and they exchange it.

I get home and install it and start the tractor and hear a notice from under the hood so I open to find the battery was not attached, way to go John Deere? I go to Lowes expecting to find a bracket on the ones they have in the store and the guy tells me no John Deere cheeped out and uses a zip tie. So just wanting to get thing running I look at the ones on the tractors and go over and buy one and installed when I get home. A few issues but not that bad yet.

Then all the sudden we go to use the 8-yard dump cart for the fourth time that carried nothing over a hundred pounds the first three times only to find a huge break in the plastic cart, this time however I call John Deere customer service and get the rudest young lady saying only call the distributor in your area, but I bought it from Lowes. OK I call and explain the cart is broken and the guy asks me did you get it from us? No Lowes, well call Lowes and click the phone is dead. I call and write several times and one of the emails I get back actually says that I should be dealing with a different company that has nothing to do with John Deere and even writes if I look on the label for the cart it clearly says not made by John Deere.

Well that person was half right, it was from a different company alright but not the one she insisted I deal with. I call several times and finally get Hailey who identifies herself as a supervisor but does nothing about all our concerns. So again, I write into customer service and finally get a call from another man saying he is Hawley’s supervisor, but again offers no answers to our concerns. So, at the end of our conversation I ask why did you call and waste your time talking for ten minutes about NOTHING.

Trust me everything I have written back and forth has been documented along with conversations to and from John Deere. In the end Lowes offed to replace the tub of the John Deere yard cart, not John Deere. It’s a very sad ending to a gift that was supposed to be a retirement gift and turned out to be a nightmare.

I thought I had done my research before buying a John Deere, apparently, I didn’t do enough research to find John Deere could care less about the customer after they sell a John Deere product. Being retired does have some other advantages, I have time to write what really happens after you buy a John Deere, you should really be ashamed of yourselves.

Review about: John Deere D130 Lawn Tractor.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Call from somebody who really cares from John Deere.

I didn't like: You are treated like nothing after you buy.

Comments

h.kitchener

You didn't make a mistake in buying a John Deere lawn tractor, your mistake was in buying it online and from Lowe's. I have had JD tractors for decades and only buy thru a local dealer---never from a big box company like Lowe's.

In my area, the dealer is supposed to set up the tractors and get them to Lowe's. He gets a small fee for doing so. Yours was apparently inadequately "prepped." By whom? Who knows.

Ask Lowe's. When I need service or have a problem, I go to my local dealer and he fixes the problem. He appreciates my business since I bought it from him. As for the trailer, I assume you got it for "free" as an incentive offered if you buy the tractor.

I have had a trailer for some 30 years and it is in fine condition. However, mine is metal. Thus, the difference. Those cheap plastic ones are junk and do not hold up.

If you want a trailer, get a metal one. They are not that expensive, and any brand should work ok. The bottom line is to buy from a local dealer.

I have had some experience with corporate JD and I agree they are almost totally useless. The local dealer is the guy to talk to but you have to buy the machine from him to begin with.