Had mower one month.Used it three-times, 5.4 hours.

Mower deck refused to engage. When I pulled the engage knob, I heard what sounded like a pfffft, or escaping air sound (?). Trouble shooting manual does not cover cutting deck issues in any depth. I called Lowe's : they sent out a repairman to pick mower up.

Mower sat in their shop for another month... Had to hire someone to mow my 3 acres. I'm supposed to get my mower back middle of next week. Until I called to inquire, the shop did nothing towards repairing the mower...

According to Lowe's customer service, the repair employee bitched about how "busy" they were. They didn't call Lowe's, or contact Lowe's service page to inform them that the mower hadn't been looked at. My bigger complain is : I do my own repairs... If the manual on the D170 had a decent trouble shooting guide, I'd have repaired it myself, instead of using the extended service and warranty plan, I paid for.

I dislike waiting around wasting time, waiting in others to get their act together.

I am not pleased with the John Deere manual.If the same mysterious issue happens to the mowers cutting deck again, I'm returning the product , getting a refund.

Review about: John Deere D170 Lawn Tractor.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with John Deere?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1350852

Your first mistake was in buying the machine from Lowe's and not a John Deere dealer.You don't say who is fixing the thing, but if you had gotten it from the dealer you would have better and quicker service.

Stands to reason. I have three JD machines I use to cut my 10 acres and am well-pleased, altho every year it seems one of them breaks something. My local dealer takes care of his customers especially those who buy direct from him. They don't make much profit on these things.

It's my understanding the local dealer, if one will get a fee for setting the machines up for Lowe's but I don't know if they actually do the warranty work or Lowe's contracts that out, etc.

In any event waiting a month for a repair is much too long.Apparently, someone doesn't know the term "due diligence." The D170 is a good machine and hopefully will last a long time, altho John Deere has slowly been cheapening their lawn tractors over the last few years.