One side of the Lift Arm Linkage broke on 10-26-16, on my JD EZtrak Z255 mower I purchased a new Linkage Arm from the J D dealer in Perry, Fl.on 6 Oct 2016 and had it installed by a certified mower repair shop.

Today, 8 May 2017 while mowing my front lawn, BOTH sides broke. I immediately went back to the JD dealer and ordered another new linkage are arm. Is the John Deere Co. buying inferior parts from China or just cheap part from other places.

I am almost 70 years old and living on a fixed income. If these problems continue I assure you I will NOT be buying other JD mowers.

I wrote an article to the local paper about my problems..I seriously do NOT believe the JD Co will do anything, most likely you will not even read this complaint.

Review about: Z 255 Mower.

1.3
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE John Deere Z255 Lawn Mower
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $69
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with John Deere?

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1326235

I have the same problem with my JD X540.The lift arm on the left deck side has broken twice now in the past four years.

I now keep a spare on hand. I suspect two things are causing these things to break: cheaply-made with inferior steel and stress put on the deck/lift arm while mowing. I have tried to "baby" the thing by going over bumpy ground slowly and also not turning the machine tightly, thus putting undue stress on the deck/lift arm while turning. I thought this was just a problem with one particular John Deere model, but apparently not.

I am your age and have had John Deere equipment for decades but have noticed a slow decline in quality over the past few years.

Still, John Deere remains better than most other brands I have seen.Good cutting.